Auto Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Auto Insurance Information
At Mountain States Insurance Group, we know that your car is one of your prized possessions. One of the best ways to protect your vehicle and financial health is to ensure you have the right auto insurance policy. The team at Mountain States Insurance Group is here to help you navigate your auto insurance needs and find a quality policy that provides the coverage you need at an affordable price. Give us a call today to get your obligation-free quote.
How Auto Insurance Works
When you purchase an auto insurance policy, you enter into a contractual agreement with the insurer. You agree to pay premiums to the insurer—which are determined based on a variety of factors, including your vehicle’s value, where you live, credit history, past claims history and coverage selected—in exchange for the insurer providing protections to you as defined by your policy.
Should you experience an accident or other covered loss during your policy’s term, you may be able to file a claim against your policy. Depending on the nature of the claim, you may need to pay your deductible before insurance steps in and covers the rest of the costs. Additionally, your policy may have limits on how much it will cover.
What Do Auto Insurance Policies Cover?
What is covered under your personal auto insurance policy depends largely on the coverage you’ve chosen. Every person’s auto insurance needs are unique, and what is right for you may not be right for another person. Here is a list of some common types of auto insurance coverage:
- Collision insurance—This type of coverage may help cover the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle after it has sustained damages in a collision-related wreck.
- Liability insurance—This coverage may protect against liability costs, such as third-party bodily injury or property damage that you may have caused.
- Property damage liability—This coverage may pay for damage to the other driver’s property (e.g., their car).
- Bodily injury liability—This coverage may aid in paying for medical bills and sometimes death benefits for the other person involved in the wreck.
- Medical payments (MedPay) insurance—This type of coverage may assist with the medical bills of you and your passengers if you are involved in an accident.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist insurance—This coverage helps you cover the cost of damages caused by someone who doesn’t have adequate auto liability insurance.
- Comprehensive insurance—This type of insurance may provide coverage for the costs of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it is damaged in a noncollision event.
Some auto owners opt to purchase additional coverage to round out their policies. Reach out to Mountain States Insurance Group to determine what coverage may be available to you.
What Type of Auto Insurance Is Required by Law?
Every state in the country imposes its own auto insurance requirements. In Idaho, drivers are required to purchase minimum amounts of auto liability coverage. Additionally, insurers are required to offer drivers uninsured/underinsured motorist coverage, but drivers are not required to add this coverage to their policies. Please note that all laws are subject to change without notice. Work with Mountain States Insurance Group to find out the most up-to-date information surrounding Idaho’s mandatory auto insurance laws.
How to Get Auto Insurance
Our agency is committed to helping you find a policy to fit your specific needs. Reach out to us today to start the conversation or get a quote.